Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Expressive Type & Design



This project was enjoyable. For this assignment I used Photo shop for manipulating the types, but forgot to keep the design composition to a 10 by 10 inch format. Sometimes I forget the details when I open a program - I just want to create!

For the word stodgy I used Blackladder font, hebula styles and liquefy. It progressed into how I see the word: slow, puffy, and sluggish.

My immediate idea of crush was the human emotion. I used Blackoak STD font, liquefied each letter to form the shape of a heart. I hope everyone sees it as a heart!

Seeing the word ornate in my mind reminded me of Blackladder font. I used it and chose my own color. For the small dots I used the text tool, typed a period, chose a different color for each one and placed them in the appropriate place. The end results showed something fancy or ornate.

Now, sludge was fun! I used Cooper Black for font and heatho for layer style. With all of the letters in the same text box I played with the filtering, again. It came out great - showing just what the word means.

No comments:

Post a Comment