Thursday, February 5, 2009

Black-And-White Composition


For this assignment I wanted to bring the word "sludge" into a program to work with, but decided to re-create the word "crush" in a different form from the previous word I manipulated into a heart. Reason being, I was having too much fun manipulating text and finding ways to create within various programs.

I used InDesign to create this composition. I sure wish I would remember to write notes! Lets see... I used a linear background in black, the text I used inner bevel glow. For the letter "C" I used a pen tool for the teeth and eyes.

The physical characteristics of the manipulated type possesses the spread-out weighted look as if each letter is under pressure. The figure "C" I believe shows an aggressive face that dominates the other text. Even though the top text seems smaller, the whole image seems as if it is overtaking of the lower text.

No comments:

Post a Comment